Living Independent ForEver (L.I.F.E.) is a transitional housing program for 18-24 year olds (male and female) experiencing homelessness. Shiloh Community Housing, Inc. L.I.F.E. program offers safe, affordable housing while participating in their program. The program is designed to assist with improving their independent living skills, develop a rental reference, increase education/training and or job skills which would move them towards sustainability. There is a $350 a month fee which may be waived the first month. The residents share a two or three bedroom apartment and do their own shopping, cooking, cleaning, etc. They are mentored while learning these important life skills. LIFE residents are required to complete their education and hold down a job. There are rules to be observed and program employee’s to assure compliance and security 24/7.
While at SCHI LIFE program they will be offered access to the following services:
· Skill and education assessments
· Case management
· Employment and educational assistance
· Individual plan and goal-setting
· Vocational assistance on topics including interviewing, proper dress, job retention and employer/employee interactions
· Job readiness skills and employment support
· Independent living skills workshops on topics such as paying rent, maintaining a checking account and setting short/long-term goals
· Financial development and budget management
· Coordination and referral to community providers
· 24-hour support staff
· After-care to ensure stability and continued pursuit of goals
Upon program completion, the individual may receive assistance with locating and securing housing through a good reference giving by the program director, as well as continued support as they transition to independent living.